December 5th Directors’ Report
Circulation: 1,250 Attendance: 1,980
Website visits: 72,516 ILLs: 66 borrowed /33 sent
Computer usage: 180 RB Digital: 59 circs /2 new patron
- On November 15, Book Club met to discuss A Dirty Life with an attendance of nine. We will be meeting on December 20th to discuss Ready Player One.
- Poetry Party met on November 17th with an attendance of four.
- On November 28th, Debby Dorsett presented a slide show of her travels in Bhutan. There was an attendance of seven. She showed some amazing pictures and told wonderful stories about her travels and the culture of Bhutan.
- RSI cleaned the carpets on November 22nd and did a fantastic job.
- The Friends agreed to fund $1825 for the bookshelf project in the Children’s area. I will contact Eric Sprenger to begin the work.
- On November 25th, we presented our First Annual Library Open House. Activities included makerspaces that emphasized STEAM skills. Angela made marble runs and pine cone trees downstairs and I had recycled electronic ornaments/jewelry in the Margaret Greene Room. We had an indoor story walk with pages of Blueberries For Sal hung up around the library. Jennifer prepared Poetry Mad Libs and coloring station. We put up displays on every available surface promoting services and programs. The Friends provided refreshments and greeted people at the side door.
The door counter showed that we had about 150 people come through the door on Saturday. Kids and adults loved the makerspaces and we will definitely be doing some of them again.
- November proved to be a really productive month. We presented more programs this month than we have in a long while. Story Times are busier than ever and kids and parents are checking out piles of books. Circulation of “J” books is up: November 2016 J circulation was 212. In 2017, it was up to 313. Everyone has been working so hard to make the library a wonderful place and I’m really proud of what we have accomplished.