Pettee Memorial Library
Youth Services Librarian Report
Thurs 12/1 Story Time 4 kids & 3 adults
Thurs 12/8 Story Time 3 kids & 3 adults
Weds 11/30 VT READS with guest speaker Bob Angell
1 teen & 7 adults
Mon 12/5 Story Time 7 kids & 9 adults
Mon 12/12 no school
Weds 12/14 Santa’s Workshop 106 kids & 34 teens & 91 adults
Sun 12/18 Gingerbread Houses (at Chamber)
1 kids & 2 teen & 7 adults
Mon 12/19 Story Time 15 kids & 13 adults with Santa & Mrs. Claus
Weds 12/21 TVHS FRESH crafts 6 teens & 3 adults
Mon 12/26 Gingerbread Houses – none
Total # of Juvenile programs – 4
Total # of attendees – 29 kids & 28 adults
Total # of Family programs -4
Total # of attendees -107 kids & 43 teens & 117
Grand Total # of attendees – 136 kids & 43 teens & 136 adults
- Santa’s Workshop was a success! Many thanks to the families that participated. The location moved last minute but everyone was patient and happy to participate.
- Thank you to the volunteers. There were 33 teen volunteers mainly from the Twin Valley Wildcats group who helped with crafts;
- Many Friends of the Library and my friends/parents who volunteered at craft tables;
- And a special thank you to the group from the Deerfield Valley Rotary who provided lunch to all families and volunteers at the event and helped out where needed.
- Also a special shout out to Town Manager Scott Murphy for enabling the event to happen and making the hall available and Brandon Brassor for help with maintenance issues.
- Story time with Santa and Mrs. Claus was once again a hit. Thank you to the DeBarbas for their patience and thoughtful gifts for the kids.
- Despite the snow and ice storms, story time families enjoy and appreciate the space at St. Mary’s. Due to illness and weather, the day care came less than usual.
- Gingerbread Houses with the Chamber was not well attended due to weather. And the second attempt there were no attendees. (However the third attempted with the TVHS FRESH program on 1/4/17 was a hit!)
- Crafts with the TVHS FRESH teens had the opportunity to make last minute gifts to take home.
- And a special thank you to Angela Yakovleff for all her volunteer effort during Story Times and Santa’s Workshop. And Linda and Niki for helping prepare for the event.
- Continue to weed picture books as time allows
- Planning and preparing for all ages for upcoming Story Times
- Planning and preparing Story Times for day care
- Order and process books as needed
- Decorating, clean up, reorganizing
- Plan family events and coordinate events with school personnel and WINGS